North Bay Canoe Club Position: Canoe Kids Instructors
Position: Canoe Kids Instructors
The Canoe Kids instructors will take direction from and report to the Head Coach. Instructors will facilitate a full day Monday to Friday camp, providing instruction in various boat and paddling skills to camp participants. Camps will run through July and August 2022. Hours of work will be dependent on program enrollment and employee performance.
- Provide positive, fun and safe environment for camp participants
- On water and on land supervision and instruction.
- Ensure paddlers learn the basics of paddling, steering, and safely using non motorized boats (canoes/kayaks/paddle board)
- Must have canoe/kayak experience, preferably in Sprint racing
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Canoe Camp Instructors will be required to attend in house or other training as directed and or recommended by Head Coach
- CKC Community Coach Certification (ELCC would be an asset, course can be taken prior to the start of the season)
- Ability to work with young paddlers individually and in groups
- CPR, Standard First Aid certification
- Pleasure craft operator card
- Acceptable criminal background check
- Bilingualism is an asset but not required
Application deadline: January 28th 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), the North Bay Canoe Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please inform us at the time of application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.