North Bay Canoe Club Position: Assistant Coaches
The North Bay Canoe Club has 50 years of strong sprint racing performance and is currently focusing on developing U10, U12, U14 and U16 programs. The club is looking to fill several positions for the 2022 season. NBCC is located on beautiful, clean Trout Lake that is excellent for both training and racing. North Bay is home to Nipissing University and Canadore College, with both schools offering various programs. If you are interested in any of the following positions, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate in your cover letter which position you are applying for.
Position: Assistant Coaches
The Assistant Coaches will take direction from and report to the Head Coach. These are full-time positions during July and August with potential part-time hours available during May and June. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Assist Head Coach U14 and under sprint programs, adult paddling and Intro to Sprint camp program
- Planning workouts
- Organize practices
- On-water and dry land coaching
- Cox War Canoe
- May be required to attend regattas
- Required to attend coach training sessions provided by CKC, CKO and or NBCC as part of Professional Development
- Must have sprint canoe/kayak experience
- Experience supervising groups of 8-13 year old children an asset
- Minimum 16 years of age
- ELCC trained, certification preferred
- Previous coaching experience
- Effective communication and problem solving skills
- CPR, Standard First Aid certification
- Pleasure craft operator card
- Acceptable criminal background check
- Bilingualism is an asset but not required
Application deadline: Februaury 28th, 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), the North Bay Canoe Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please inform us at the time of application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.