The Assistant Coach will take direction from and report to the Head Coach. These are full-time positions during July and August with potential part-time hours available during May and June. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Assist Head Coach with U14, U12 and U10 Sprint Racing programs and Intro to Sprint camps
- Develop and plan workouts for each age group, lead on-water and dryland practice sessions; provide coaching on padding technique and level of effort.
- Provide positive reinforcement, encourage fun and maintain a controlled safe environment for participants.
- Teach and remind paddlers of safety precautions regularly including the use of sun screen.
- Coach and steer War Canoes in practices and regattas
- Engage with parents of participants and provide feedback if and when parents request.
- Assistant Coach may be required to attend regattas, assist Head Coach with time trials, regatta entries and athlete preparation.
- Coach will help prepare for and provide day of support for the NBCC annual regatta
- Will assist with steering and coaching for Adult Dragon Boat programs
- Be vigilant and aware of any incidents or behavior which are in breach of the NBCC Code of Conduct and follow the required NBCC reporting & documentation processes for each occurrence
- Required to attend coach training sessions provided by CKC, CKO, and EOD as part of Professional Development
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have sprint canoe/kayak experience
- Must understand Client service concepts
- Required to contribute to a positive inclusive Team environment and free from bullying
- Minimum 16 years of age
- ELCC trained, certification preferred
- Previous coaching experience and demonstrated Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills within team of coaches and with paddlers
- CPR, Standard First Aid certification
- Pleasure craft operator card
- Acceptable criminal background check
- Bilingualism is an asset but not required
Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: March 15th, 2023
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), the North Bay Canoe Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability- related accommodations, please inform us at the time of application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.