Boat Technician and Dock Attendant
The Boat Technician and Dock Attendant will take direction from Head Coach and report to the Head Coach. The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure all watercraft are safely stored, safe to use, and maintained. This is a full-time position during July and August with part-time hours available during May and June. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Maintenance of all boats, motorized and non motorized
- Assist paddlers with boats at dock if adjustments are required
- Ensure motorized craft are ready to use, operational with fuel top ups
- Review inventory of boats and other boating equipment to determine repair or replacement options
- Regularly report on maintenance requirements to Head Coach and or Commodore
- Complete a weekly report of maintenance and repair activity and or replacement of equipment recommendations and submit to Head Coach
- Highly organized, ensuring canoe club is kept tidy and safe at all times
- Will provide race course maintenance, and ensure equipment is well maintained, clean and safe for use by the NBCC programs
- This position requires incumbent to work autonomously at times, as well as work in a very busy environment. Adapting to various work environments is a must.
- This position is primarily outdoors and requires working in all weather conditions
- Fiberglass/boat repair experience is an asset, but not required.
- Understanding of outboard motor operation/repair is an asset, but not required
- Has completed or is currently in a related program in school
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- CPR, Standard First Aid certification
- Pleasure craft operator card
- CKC Community Coach Certification would be an asset
- Familiarity with the sport of canoe/kayak would be an asset
- Acceptable criminal background check
- Bilingualism is an asset but not required
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: March 1st, 2024
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), the North Bay Canoe Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please inform us at the time of application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.